Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

I am recovering from Cancer and need an in home care giver.

Customer Question
How do I go about...
I am recovering from Cancer and need an in home care giver. How do I go about getting my daughter assigned as my in-home care giver? I
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My oncologist gave me a note for a 6 month care giver. My daughter moved in with me to do this, but my landlord was giving me grief. I understand she can get paid for this and want to know what I need to do to facilitate this.
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I'm retired on SS, and she is unemployed, at present.
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Social Security
11/16/2017
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 26 days ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Contact your state Medicaid office to start the process since that is the program that handles this. It is not handled by Social Security.

You can choose your own caregiver (your daughter) and she will be paid.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I'm on Medicare...do they cover this as well?

Medicare does not cover in home caregivers.

You will apply through your state Medicaid office.

Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 25 days ago

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent