Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I am applying for a Mortgage, and need an Award letter for…

Customer Question
Thank you, ***** *****...

Thank you, ***** ***** applying for a Mortgage, and need an Award letter for 2016, I am hoping I can have a copy of my Award Letter emailed to me. James D. Lewis, email address:***@******.***.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

The Bank needs a copy of my annual SS income for 2016, called an Award Letter. This is the last piece to securing approval. I have been perusing for over an hour, to find this info on your sight. Thank You! I appreciate your help.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

No if someone could send a copy of the Award Letter for the Year 2016, that is the only information they need to finalize the request.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Social Security
11/16/2017
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 8 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Just Answer is not associated with Social Security so we do not have access to your personal information.

Social Security will NOT email you a copy of your Award Letter.

There are three ways you can obtain a copy:

1. The quickest and easiest way is to use your online "My Social Security" account. If you do not yet have an online account, you can register at the following Social Security link:

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

2. Call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday. A copy will be mailed to you.

3. Visit your local Social Security office.

As I mentioned, option 1 is the quickest. You can view and print your Award Letter in a matter of minutes.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb