Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

I need a copy of my benefit letter for. It is the letter re.

Customer Question
I need a copy of...
I need a copy of my benefit letter for
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: It is the letter re. retirement, survivors and disability insurance. I lost mine.
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: The mortgage co. who has my mortgage want this for my loan recertification
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Social Security
11/16/2017
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 1 month ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. My name's Lane.

...

Please understand that you are not talking to Social Security here

...

This is JustAnswer.com ... a website that puts verified experts together with people who have questions about everything from Social Security, to tax, to finance, to the way these things work together.

...

I CAN, however, tell you exactly what your options are for getting a copy of your Award/Benefit verification. (You have THREE OPTIONS)

...

(1) ... You can use "MY SOCIAL SECURITY" an online account that allows you to get copies of your award letter/benefit verification letter, 1099-SSA, see your earnings record, get proof of benefits, etc.

...

You can go there, log in (or simply register, THEN log in, if you've never used it) and print your document(s) immediately.

...

Here's the site for that: click here for MY SOCIAL SECURITY

...

Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab

...

If you'd rather not use your online account, you have two other options:

...

(2) ... By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative ... (Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday) ... between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. THEY can send you this.

OR

...

(3) ... You can get one by going to your closest Social Security Office. (Although you might want to call the number above first to make an appointment).

Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 29 days ago

Hi, Lane here.

...

I’m just checking back in to see how things are going.

...

Did my answer help? (I'm attaching the instructions for setting up your online Social Security site)

If so, I'd appreciate a positive rating, using the stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit" – That’s the only way I’ll be credited for the work.

But if you need more on this please let me know

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS