Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I USED TO HAVE A BENIFIT CHECK AROUND THE 15TH OF THE

I USED TO HAVE...

I USED TO HAVE A BENIFIT CHECK AROUND THE 15TH OF THE MONTH-IT HAS NOT SHOWED UP THIS MONTH ??

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

THE PAYMENT ALWAYS SHOWS UP AROUND THIS TIME-SO FAR NO PAYMENT!

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

MY BIRTHDAY IS ***** ITS TO SHOW UP-IM GETTING A LITTLE WORRIED-I DO HAVE DIRECT DEPOSIT ! i WAS BORN THE 15TH OF FEB-1948

11/16/2017
TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

If your birthday is ***** 15th then the third Wednesday of the month is when your payments are scheduled each month. If you don’t receive your payment on the expected date, SSA requires that you allow three additional mailing days before contacting them.

SSA does not see the payment as late until the 3 mailing days (even though you get direct deposit) have passed unfortunately.

Check with your bank today and see if an attempt to deposit has been made.

Very good and ��

You are most welcome.
A positive 5 star rating is appreciated so I am credited for assisting. (You can scroll up to see the STARS)

TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer