Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

I didn't receive my Social Security direct deposit. What do

Customer Question
I didn't receive my Social...
I didn't receive my Social Security direct deposit. What do I do?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My name is***** My checking account was compromised mon 9-22-17. I had to setup a new account. I contacted SSA and changed the account number for direct deposit. However, I didn't receive it.
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so. I can give the account number at US Bank. And my Social Security number?
Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/15/2017
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 28 days ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Just Answer is not associated with Social Security so we do not have access to your personal information.

Even though you changed your direct deposit information with SSA, they recommend that you do not close your "old" account until you receive a payment in your "new" account.

My best advice would be to contact your bank to find out if they rejected the payment from SSA. Your bank should be able to assist you in changing the account information.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I have contacted both the bank and the SSA. They will both get back to me later.

Perfect!

dylatess
dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY