Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

I am very concerned for medicare part my former employer

Customer Question
I am very concerned for...
I am very concerned for medicare part b my former employer refuses to put the correct dates of when my coverage began. I have gone to the SS office here in Jupiter Florida, and the clerk recognized the employer's error which shows that I had no coverage at the age of 65, which is untrue, and I worked up until this April 2017 at the age of 72 1/2 with total health coverage, at this point I'm reaching out for some legal help because they are refusing to correct the dates, and told me that they will be speaking to their Medicare attorneys.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: yes the beginning dates go back to January 2004 for MPI (Motion Picture Industries) they put in 2015 - that is the date that I retired but went back to work....they are not stating factual dates for my benefit to allow me to receive Medicare B at the beginning of next month. I am in a small window to get this corrected.
Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/14/2017
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 28 days ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Have you tried contacting the health insurance provider directly?

The health insurance provider should be able to provide you with a Certificate of Insurance for the time period you had health insurance coverage.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Thank you but they refuse to provide us the infirmation
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 27 days ago

Have you contacted the Department of Insurance in Florida and filed a complaint against the insurance company for failing to provide you with this information?

dylatess
dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY