Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I got only 3 credits for 2016 inplace of 4 which I should…

Customer Question
I got only 3...

I got only 3 credits for 2016 inplace of 4 which I should get. on my September 18 2017 statement.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I worked a full year and got only 3 credits in place of for ss ####-##-####

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Name JESSIE L FERNANDEZ

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Social Security
11/13/2017
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 8 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

Each year we review the records for all working Social Security recipients to see if additional earnings may increase their monthly benefit amounts. If an increase is due, we figure a new benefit amount and pay the increase retroactive to January following the year of earnings. For example, if you have earnings in 2017 that will increase your monthly benefit amount, we will increase your benefit amount retroactive to January 2018 once we review your record.