Social Security

Connect one-on-one with a verified social security expert who will answer your question

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

More related answers
All social security experts are VERIFIED
A. Strader. My number is ******** The 1099 for my deceased
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Financial & Tax Consultant
My name is***** My number is ******** The 1099 for my deceased wife, Darline H Strader is lost Her birthday was February 19, 1938. Her # was###-##-#### I need to file our 2017 Federal Income Tax Repor… read more
I want to know how many more credits I need to be able to
Arthur Rubin
Arthur Rubin, Doctoral Degree
I want to know how many more credits I need to be able to claim social security benefits … read more
I received a 1099 for 2017 from Social Security and the
emc011075
emc011075, Tax advisor and Enrolled Agent
I received a 1099 for 2017 from Social Security and the benefit amount was 6 months of disability as my wife was sick with cancer from October 2015 until her death in October 2016. Box 3 says the year… read more
I need to know if social security survivor benefits are
emc011075
I need to know if social security survivor benefits are considered taxable income. … read more
I turn 70 in Sept. Do I apply for benefits beginning in
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
I turn 70 in Sept. Do I apply for benefits beginning in Sept, or in the month following to receive the full age 70 benefit amount? … read more
Recently enrolled in Medicare effective 8/1/17; 7/12/17
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Recently enrolled in Medicare B effective 8/1/17; 7/12/17 letter stated monthly premium was $134.00 beginning August 2017. Received letter (dated 7/15/17) re monthly Medicare Part B premium that inclu… read more
I am reching 66 in July 2017, my lastr SSI statement that
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
I am reching 66 in July 2017, my lastr SSI statement that reflecxtas my 2016 income, shows monthly retirement of $ 1,699..oo, I do plan to continue working is there a limit on the number of hours allo… read more
I need a copy of my 2017 statement of income to submit to
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
I need a copy of my 2017 statement of income to submit to the organization that is assisting me with paying for medical treatments … read more
I started my social security benefit last year 7-1-16 at age
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
I started my social security benefit last year 7-1-16 at age 68 a 24 month delayed benefit, but only got credit for 19 months up to Jan. of 2016. I appealed a written response last year and got a lett… read more
My benefit after 46 yrs. of working is $2500. approx. why is
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
my benefit after 46 yrs. of working is $2500. approx. why is this being reduce because I choose to keep working after the age of 66. total combine income of all sources in the household is $190,000 … read more
September 1950 FRA earnings of $2500, spouse of May 1955
emc011075
September 1950 FRA earnings of $2500, spouse of May 1955 with earnings FRA earnings of $1500 Want to take FRA earnings in September of 2016, then suspend in June of 2017 and take spousal benefit of ha… read more
I am 66 on August 12 , 2016. To that point I will, roughly
LawTalk, Attorney
I am 66 on August 12 , 2016. To that point I will, roughly make $62000.00 in income from my employment. I went on line to find out how much I would be penalized for making that much during 2016. The c… read more
62 yrs old trying to figure out if I should sign up now or
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Customer: ***** ***** 62 yrs old trying to figure out if I should sign up for ss now or wait … read more
New SS law question: I am already 65 (Turn 66 FRA in
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
New SS law question: I am already 65 (Turn 66 FRA in September 2016) and my husband is already drawing Social Security. Will I still be able to file a restricted application for Spousal only and allow… read more
I will continue working full-time through December of 2016.
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
I will continue working full-time through December of 2016. I want to begin getting my social security benefits on March 1, 2017. How will my earnings from 2016 get figured into my benefits? I am self… read more
If I work until August 31, 2016, will the fact that I have
LawTalk, Attorney
If I work until August 31, 2016, will the fact that I have earned over $15,000. for the year, prohibit me from collecting my social security benefits in September 2016? Or does the $15,000. limitation… read more
I am 63 turning 64 years old in Feb 2016. According to SS
LawTalk, Attorney
I am 63 turning 64 years old in Feb 2016. According to SS have worked more than enough years to retire. Projections indicate each additional year I work my monthly benefit incrases by 15 % or so. My p… read more
Windfall president Regan sign. How can I get my money back
Windfall president Regan sign. How can I get my money back that was taken form my social security check. Jessie… read more