Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I'm ready now...I think! His wife has POA, but is

Customer Question
OK, I'm ready now...I...

OK, I'm ready now...I think!

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

His wife has POA, but is financially incompetent. She is using his SS for her own desires. Can we as his children become his Payeee without legally getting is POA?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Wife wants to sell Trust assets to pay for his care, and not turn over his SS.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Social Security
11/13/2017
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 8 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You can request to be selected as a representative payee of your father's Social Security by using the following form:

http://mha.ohio.gov/Portals/0/assets/Supports/Benefit%20Planning/ssa-11.pdf

FYI--Social Security does NOT recognize a POA.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Please cancel this service. I need to go to my local social security office.

I will forward your request to customer service on your behalf.

Thank you.