Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

How would I go about getting a replacement for a lost Social…

Customer Question
How would I go...

How would I go about getting a replacement for a lost Social Security Card ?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I lost my card when I was younger and am getting up there in age and thought I should figure out how to get a replacement card.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Not that I know of. I will be 61 in the spring of 2018.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Social Security
11/13/2017
Social Security Expert: Loren, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Just Answer is not associated with Social Security. So, we do not have access to your personal information.

You can apply for a replacement card online at the following link:

SSA SERVICES

You will need a state issued driver's license as ID.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.