Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Once a social secuity payment has been established and one…

Customer Question
Once a social secuity...

Once a social secuity payment has been established and one has more complete information how would one go about increasing the monthly payment? I called social security and was told once the decision is made that's that. We did not have complete information that my son was born with his disease that it did not materialize after he was 21 as his payment is established on. He receives $800 a month.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

My son is 45 and he began receiving SS, I believe, 9 years ago. Was not diagnosed until he was 35.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Social Security
11/13/2017
Social Security Expert: SSA.Help4u.168, Accountant replied 5 months ago
SSA.Help4u.168
SSA.Help4u.168, Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** am prepping my response. I will get back to you shortly.

Based on the following information, the disability payments are based on the prior lifetime earnings of an individual, not the disability itself. SEE BELOW:

----------------------------------------

Social Security Disability benefit payments are calculated based on the amount of money an individual has earned over the course of their work life. Just like retirement benefits are calculated on how much someone paid into the system over the years, the Social Security Administration (SSA) will make a computation based on how long a claimant has worked and how much they have contributed to Social Security.

The amount of money you have earned is positively correlated with the amount you are eligible to receive in disability payments. However, there are both minimum and maximum amounts that are in place despite the individual's earnings.

REFERENCE SOURCE:

https://www.disability-benefits-help.org/faq/social-security-disability-benefit-payments-calculated

----------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

SSA.Help4u.168
SSA.Help4u.168
SSA.Help4u.168, Accountant