Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I just filled out an application for a duplicate SS card. I…

Customer Question
I just filled out...

I just filled out an application for a duplicate SS card. I sent $38 to pay for this, but it came as an attachment to my email and I don't have a printer. I was hoping that they would just send me a copy

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Yes...I need a copy in body of email to show what I am paid each month

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Social Security
11/11/2017
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 5 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. My name's Lane

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, on three continents, since 1986

...

What you need is called a benefits verification letter sometimes called an award letter.

...

You can get this in one of three ways: (I'm so sorry, but these ARE your only three options)

...

(1) ... You can use "MY SOCIAL SECURITY" an online account that allows you to get copies of your award letter/benefit verification letter, 1099-SSA, see your earnings record, get proof of benefits, etc.

...

You can go there, log in (or simply register, THEN log in, if you've never used it) and print your document(s) immediately.

...

Here's the site for that: click here for MY SOCIAL SECURITY

...

Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab

I'm attaching the instructions for setting up your account.

If you'd rather not use your online account, you have two other options:

...

(2) ... By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative ... (Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday) ... between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. THEY can send you this.

OR

...

(3) ... You can get one by going to your closest Social Security Office. (Although you might want to call the number above first to make an appointment).

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating, using the stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit" – That’s the only way I’ll be credited for the work.

The stars are located at the top of the page, but if you are on a mobile device (like a tablet or a phone), you may have to scroll left or right to see them and click on them to leave a positive rating. Thank you!

...

But again, if you need more on this, please let me know.

Lane

I got part of the answer and gave up as there were too many pages to go thru. Also when it said a refundable $5 I didn't know till after I paid that there was another charge of $33. It doesn't tell you what it costs until after you pay. Very misleading.
NO now it will cost me $58 to talk!! I am on SS only and can't afford that. I am going to the SS office where they don't charge anything
I am also going to cancel the $33 on my credit card
Please do
Stop ending me emails!!!
SS has already taken care of it for free at there office!!!

I am not sending you emails. I am responding to your comments here at JustAnswer.

...

Every time you come back here and post, I am forced to respond (under our customer service policy) ... I can't help others until I respond to your posts.

...

If you want me to stop responding PLEASE do not respond here again.

Please stop sending me emails!! I have already been to SS office and got what I wanted.

PLEASE STOP RESPONDING TO WHATEVER EMAILS YOU ARE GETTING ... AGAIN, THIS FORCES ME TO RESPOND TO YOU BECAUSE JUSTANSWER SYSTEM WANTS TO BE SURE THAT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE ANSWERED.

...

AS LONG AS YOU DON'T REPLY TO THIS, THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER EMAIL.

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS