Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

My brother has been getting social security disability

Customer Question
benefits for about a year...
My brother has been getting social security disability benefits for about a year for a hand injury. During this time he had an emotional breakdown and is still unable to even apply for a job due to anxiety. He's afraid his benefits should have ended several months ago because his hand doctor declared him 98% in April. He's terrified to contact s.s. because he's sure they'll throw him in jail or something. What should we do? Thanks for your help.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Social Security
11/9/2017
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 8 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

It is always better to be proactive with Social Security.

Your brother should immediately contact Social Security and explain the situation as it stands now. He will probably need to prove his continued disability so it will be best to notify Social Security of his current circumstances.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Thank you.

My pleasure.

Please take a moment to rate my answer since that is the only way I receive credit for answering you.

Thank you.