Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I enrolled for medicare part a and and want to know how to…

Customer Question
I enrolled for medicare...

I enrolled for medicare part a and b and want to know how to apply for assistance

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I was told i might be able to get assistance for Medicaid because of my income

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
11/9/2017
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 7 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

You can get help from your state paying your Medicare premiums. In some cases, Medicare Savings Programs may also pay Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) and Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) deductibles, coinsurance, and copayments if you meet certain conditions. These conditions are listed below under "How do I apply for Medicare Savings Programs?"

4 kinds of Medicare Savings Programs

If you have income from working, you may qualify for these 4 programs even if your income is higher than the income limits listed below.

expand iconQualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB) Program

expand iconSpecified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLMB) Program

expand iconQualifying Individual (QI) Program

expand iconQualified Disabled and Working Individuals (QDWI) Program

If you qualify for a QMB, SLMB, or QI program, you automatically qualify to get Extra Help paying for Medicare prescription drug coverage.

Note

These amounts may increase in 2018. If your income and resources are slightly higher, you should still apply.

How do I apply for Medicaid?

You apply for Medicaid with your state ... Although Medicaid is a Federal Program, with the exception of a few states such as California, it's managed by the state dept of family & children Services (or whatever the state specific name of that department is)

...

If you'll give me your state, I can show you where/how to apply.

...

Many states have an online application

...

Let me know ... Ill be here

Lane

Hi, Lane here.

...

I’m just checking back in to see how things are going.

...

Did my answer help?

If so, I'd appreciate a positive rating, using the stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit" – That’s the only way I’ll be credited for the work.

But if you need more on this please let me know

Lane