Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I will retire from my job at the end of 2017. My company…

Customer Question
I will retire from...

I will retire from my job at the end of 2017.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My company provided med benefits by UHC on a group plan. I will retire at year end and will need Medicare Part B and D. How do I enroll without having to wait in office.

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

I am 75 and me wife is 72. We have been receiving soc.sec.payments since we were eligible. I think we were automatically enrolled in Medicare A.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Social Security
11/7/2017
Social Security Expert: emc011075, Tax Adviser replied 8 months ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You do not need to go to the socials security office to apply for Medicare. If you already have Part A you will need to complete an application you can find here and mail it to your local office (or just drop it off at the office, you do not need to wait and speak to anybody).

The application is i fill in format, which means you can type it into the form from your computer, print, sign and mail it.

Any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?