Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need to make appointment at our Beach SS office. von

Customer Question
I need to make...

I need to make appointment at our Long Beach SS office

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My name is ***** ***** Hemert and I need to change direct deposit accounr. Need appointment

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

I'm the exsecutive for my mother,who is over 100yrs. old and we are trying to change bank accounts.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/7/2017
Social Security Expert: keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner replied 9 months ago
keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

If you want to set up a meeting with the Long Beach Social Security office, you can all 1-***-***-****. Often, that number involves an extended "Hold" period; if you run into that situation, you can call the Long Beach office directly. Here's a link where you can locate the address and local phone number of any local SSA office:

https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp#officeResults

However, you may not need a meeting to make the change you want. Here are the alternative procedures that you can follow to make the change in bank accounts for your mother's deposits of her Social Security benefits.

There are three ways to accomplish what you want.

1. The easiest way is to check with the bank where the new account is that you want your benefits deposited. The banks often offer this service for their customers.

2. You can call the Social Security Administration at 1-***-***-**** and ask them to make the change. The only problem with this is the wait on "Hold" can be very, very long.

3. The last way, and most direct method if your bank doesn't offer the service is to make the change yourself online. In order to do that you will need to go to ssa.gov and set up a "My Social Security" account. Once you do that, you will see that there are a number of things you can do and information you can obtain through that website. One of the options is to change the bank account information where your benefits are deposited.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions or need any further assistance.

Please remember to rate my response as that is the only way I will receive credit for assisting you today.

Thanks very much,