Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I recently change my name on my social security as a result…

Customer Question
I recently change my...

I recently change my name on my social security as a result of ill advice; can I change it back to the original which goes back to the early fifties ?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Name was original as Effie P Landry now was changed to Mathilde E, Landry.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Beginning in 1950 ever document such car and house ownership, insurance , bank accounts, children's birth certificates, marriage certificate has had my first name as Effie.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Social Security
10/6/2017
Social Security Expert: emc011075, Tax Adviser replied 10 months ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

To change your name with social security you need a legal document. What did you use to change it to Mathilda?