Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need to know how much I received from social security in…

Customer Question
I need to know...

I need to know how much I received from social security in 2016 for my taxes. I want to be accurate

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I need to know know how much I received in payments from social security in 2016. I can't find my notification that was sent.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

No. I just need the amount for my taxes.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Social Security
10/5/2017
Social Security Expert: keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner replied 10 months ago
keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Here are the detail instructions on how to get a duplicate copy online; it's not a bad as it looks, I just wanted to include everything so you don't show up in the wrong place:

The form that you can receive online at ssa.gov at your MySocialSecurity account is an exact duplicate of the one that comes in the mail. Let me walk you through what you need to do:

Try this link it is a more direct route:

www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount

Click on the Sign In or Create an Account

then either set up a "My Social Security" account or sign into your existing account.

Scroll to the bottom of the Terms of Service page and "agree" to their terms

hit "Next"

then click on "Replacement Documents" at the top of the page.

Scroll down and click on this link:

View / Print / Save your Replacement 2016 SSA-1099/SSA-1042S

click "OK" to continue

Your 1099 Replacement Form will appear.

You can view it, save it, or print it; whatever you want.

Please note that the SSA is constantly updating their site, so there may be minor changes to some of their terms used in the above instructions.

Please remember to rate my response as that is the only way I will receive credit from the site, for assisting you today.

Thanks very much,