Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Can an employee collect social security benefits when the…

Customer Question
Can an employee collect...

Can an employee collect social security benefits when the employer did not pay into the fund on employees behalf

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

An employee has worked for employer for 20 years. Employer never said the social security tax to the government. is she still entitled to collect socialseci=urity benefits when she retires

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Social Security
10/4/2017
Social Security Expert: lev-tax, Tax Advisor replied 10 months ago
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

The SSA will NOT pay social security benefits if social security taxes were not paid...

To qualify for Social Security disability benefits, you must first have worked in jobs covered by Social Security.

The amount needed for a credit in 2016 is $1,260. You can earn a maximum of four credits for any year.

You must earn a certain number of credits to qualify for Social Security benefits. The number of credits you need depends on your age when you apply and the type of benefit application. No one needs more than 40 credits for any Social Security benefit.

how many years do you have to pay in 1260 per year to gain 40 credits
is 40 credits enough to get maximum SSA benefit?

40 credits is enough to get the MINIMUM social security benefits...

The amount needed for ONE credit in 2016 is $1,260.

That amount is adjusted every year. In 2017 - that amount is 1,300.

You can earn a maximum of four credits for any year - so we need to have TEN years to qualify for benefits.