Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I'm looking to replace a misplaced document(s). It was a…

Customer Question
Hello, I'm Nancy...

Hello, I'm Nancy Warner. I'm looking to replace a misplaced document(s). It was a package informing me of the s.s.benefits I would be eligible for if I were to retire on that date (the date I received the packet in the mail) and for each following year if I were to wait before applying in the following future years. Can you please help me retrieve this valuable information as I am having a bit of financial difficulty surviving on my pensions and do not want to max out my credit cards. The cost of living expenses, such as hired yard help, replacing broken appliances, home repairs, and out-of-pocket medical/dental expenses.

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Yes, I forgot to mentioned that I am 68 years of age, as of Sept. 26,2017.Please ask me any questions to help you process my inquiry. Thank you.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Social Security
10/4/2017
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 10 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi Nancy - First, please understand that you are not talking to Social Security here.

This is JustAnswer.com ... a website that puts verified experts together with people who have questions about everything from Social Security, to tax, to finance, to the way these things work together.

I CAN, however, tell you exactly what your options are for getting a copy of your Award/Benefit verification. (You have THREE OPTIONS)

...

(1) ... You can use "MY SOCIAL SECURITY" an online account that allows you to get copies of your award letter/benefit verification letter, 1099-SSA, see your earnings record, get proof of benefits, etc.

...

You can go there, log in (or simply register, THEN log in, if you've never used it) and print your document(s) immediately.

...

Here's the site for that: click here for MY SOCIAL SECURITY

...

Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab

If you'd rather not use your online account, you have two other options:

...

(2) ... By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative ... (Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday) ... between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. THEY can send you this.

OR

...

(3) ... You can get one by going to your closest Social Security Office. (Although you might want to call the number above first to make an appointment).

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating, using the stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit" – That’s the only way I’ll be credited for the work.

The stars are located at the top of the page, but if you are on a mobile device (like a tablet or a phone), you may have to scroll left or right to see them and click on them to leave a positive rating. Thank you!

...

But if you need more on this, please let me know.

Lane