Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I have misplaced my 2017 award letter, I need a copy of the…

Customer Question
I have misplaced my...

I have misplaced my 2017 award letter, I need a copy of the award letter for a loan. I'm buying a house and the lender needs to see that letter to verify my amount of SS for this year.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

No, I don't believe so. Should I call my local SSA office an d request a copy?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/4/2017
Social Security Expert: keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner replied 10 months ago
keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Please disregard this message and cancel my credit card info. I will call my SS office.

There are basically two ways to accomplish what you are trying to do.

The first is to go to the Social Security website & set up a "My Social Security" account, after which you will actually be able to print out an "official" letter verifying your benefits. Here's a link where you can do that:

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

The second way is to either call or visit your local Social Security office and either request or obtain (if you visit in person) a benefits verification letter. Here's a link where you can find your local office's location & phone number.

https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp#officeResults

I will notify Customer Service that you do not wish our services.

No problem.