Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

How much money will I get per month? I will be 65 March 14th…

Customer Question
How much money will...

How much money will I get per month? I will be 65 March 14th 2017.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I have worked most of my life and made average wages, my number is###-##-####

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

I am collecting SSDI now and working PT in Little Falls MN. The SSDI benefit is 1200.00 per month, my working income is 800.00 per month and I also get a Carpenters pention 170.00 per month

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Social Security
10/4/2017
Social Security Expert: John, Attorney replied 8 months ago
John, Attorney

Effectively nothing is going to happen. First however yourfull retirement age for social security is 66. So what will happen when you turn 66 is not all that much.

First your benefits will no longer be paid through SSD. Instead, you will transition to the SSA’s “Old Age” or retirement program instead. Your benefits will not change in amount or interrupted with this transition and the benefit payment will be processed as usual. It will simply come in from a different Social Security fund rather than SSD, but you won’t even notice the difference.

The second change that comes with reaching full retirement age is that your benefits are no longer subject earning limits that were in place with your SSD benefits (currently approximately 1,100 a month). In other words, you can increase your earnings from a part time job or other income source without losing dollars in your monthly benefit check. Nor will your pension from the Union affect anything.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers (even though the website already charged you, it does not credit me with the answer unless and until you indicate you are satisfied with the answer). If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. If you do not rate the answer positively, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.

John, Attorney