Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need to change bank routing number on our two accounts.

Customer Question
I need to change...

I need to change bank routing number on our two accounts. How do I do this?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I n

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

How do I change bank routing number on monthly ss

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Social Security
10/4/2017
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 10 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. My name's Lane. Please understand that you are not talking to Social Security here.

...

I CAN, however, tell you exactly what your options are for making the direct deposit changes. You have three options.

...

(1) ... You can use "MY SOCIAL SECURITY" an online account that allows you to get copies of your award letter/benefit verification letter, 1099-SSA, see your earnings record, get proof of benefits, etc.

...

You can go there, log in (or simply register, THEN log in, if you've never used it) and and make the changes immediately

...

Here's the site for that: click here for MY SOCIAL SECURITY

...

If you'd rather not use your online account, you have two other options:

...

(2) ... By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative ... (Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday) ... between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. The phone reps can do this for you on the call.

OR

...

(3) ... You can go directly to you bank or credit union (THAT HOLDS the account where you want the deposit now to go). They can make the change FOR you, with Social Security.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating, using the stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit" – That’s the only way I’ll be credited for the work.

The stars are located at the top of the page, but if you are on a mobile device (like a tablet or a phone), you may have to scroll left or right to see them and click on them to leave a positive rating. Thank you!

...

But if you need more on this, please let me know.

Lane