Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I am now drawing ssi ,i have used the 14 offices up for dr,

Customer Question
Hello, i am now...

Hello, i am now drawing ssi ,i have used the 14 offices up for dr, am having several problems now i cant afford the dr, offices visits is there some way to get help with these dr visits

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

Not right off the top of my head thank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Social Security
10/3/2017
Social Security Expert: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 8 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

While waiting for a response, please do not keep asking questions, such as "Are you there", etc. since that can erase whatever I am writing and also interrupts the thought process. I will be back with you as soon as I can do any research necessary, formulate a response, and type it in.

If you receive a notice or email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the notice or email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

Usually when a person applies for and is granted SSI then they also receive Medicaid. Did you apply for Medicaid?

i have medicade i have been having health problems medicade only pays for 14 dr office visits ba year i am see specialist now to find out what is the matter with me i have to pay sash for the dr visits i cant afford that i only draw 664.00 a month

What state are you in? While Medicaid is a federal program it is administered by each state.

Alabama

I'm going to have to opt out as I'm not familiar with Alabama programs. I know them for many states but not Alabama.

Social Security Expert: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, as your previous contributor had to leave.

In AL, medicaid pays for only 14 doctor office visits a year, but they also pay for outpatient hospital services without limits and also for certified emergency visits without limit. So if you need coverage and need to be seen, you need to arrange to go to an outpatient hospital clinic or have your visits certified as emergencies by your doctor in order to receive coverage. Medicaid will only pay for 3 NON-EMERGENCY visits to outpatient clinics a year, so your visits need to be deemed an emergency and documented as such by your doctor to have additional coverage.

These are the medicaid rules, but they do not deny you visits if your doctor certifies that the reason for your visit is an emergency, so that is something you need to work out with your doctor or get referrals to outpatient services for any emergency condition related to your medical condition.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.