Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

My ex-wife gets checks for children not 18 years old and in…

Customer Question
My ex-wife gets checks...

My ex-wife gets checks for children not 18 years old and in school. how can I find out what she receives and how is this reported to her

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I am 72 and have child support. I am divorced for 6 yrs and have 1 child under 18 who is still in high school. how much does my ex receive and can I get a copy of this plus how is it reported to her at the end of the year

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

I am John H Stoddard born 7/30/1945. My wife's name is judy k stoddard

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Social Security
10/4/2017
Social Security Expert: emc011075, Tax Adviser replied 10 months ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Unless you have power of attorney or court order, social security will not release any information related to your ex-wife's benefits. It is confidential information and as such you need to have her authorization.

Any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?