Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

How do I change the bank account where our social security…

Customer Question
How do I change the...
How do I change the bank account where our social security checks are deposited?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Social Security
10/3/2017
Social Security Expert: SSA.Help4u.168, Accountant replied 10 months ago
SSA.Help4u.168
SSA.Help4u.168, Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

You can change your bank account information by creating an online account with social security if you do not already have one. SEE BELOW:

------------------------------

If you already receive benefits (retirement, survivors, or disability) and you have a bank account, you can start or update your direct deposit by using the My Profile Tab in mySocial Security. In addition, you can decide when your change will take effect.

Link to set up online account.

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

You can also call to change the information. The number to call is as follows;

1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****).

If the above information clarifies matters for you, I ask that you please take the time to scroll to the top of the page and select 3 or more stars to positively rate my response so that I can receive credit for assisting you. A 5 star rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.