Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

How can I have my direct deposit account changed to my new…

Customer Question
How can I have...

How can I have my direct deposit account changed to my new bank?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I moved from Massachusetts to California and changed banks TDNorth to Chase.HowdoI

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Just the new Chase account info to Social Security

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Social Security
10/2/2017
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 10 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

There are three ways to change your bank account information with Social Security.

1. If you have an online Social Security account, you can change your bank information there. If you do not yet have an online Social Security account, you can register at the following link: https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

2. Call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

3. Ask you new bank in CA to assist you in changing your direct deposit information.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb