Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need to change my bank acct. number but, the routing

Customer Question
I need to change...

I need to change my bank acct. number but, the routing number stays the same.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Our computer was hacked and they have our old bank acct. number which was###-##-####or new number is###-##-####and the routing number is###-##-####

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

The bank has frozen the first acct and the checks are going in there and then I have to go to the bank and transfer the money. This is causing my bills to be late.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Social Security
10/2/2017
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 10 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi - My name's Lane - (You have THREE OPTIONS)

...

(1) ... You can use "MY SOCIAL SECURITY" an online account that allows you to get copies of your award letter/benefit verification letter, 1099-SSA, see your earnings record, manage direct deposits, etc.

...

You can go there, log in (or simply register, THEN log in, if you've never used it) and print your document(s) immediately.

...

Here's the site for that: click here for MY SOCIAL SECURITY

...

(2) ... By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative ... (Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday) ... between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. THEY can do this for you.

OR

...

(3) ... You can go directly to your bank. They have the forms to make this change for you.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating, using the stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit" – That’s the only way I’ll be credited for the work.

The stars are located at the top of the page, but if you are on a mobile device (like a tablet or a phone), you may have to scroll left or right to see them and click on them to leave a positive rating. Thank you!

...

But if you need more on this, please let me know.

Lane

...

...

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice 1986