Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I am 62 Iam wonder how much money and my opition of

Customer Question
I am 62 Iam...

I am 62 Iam wonder how much money and my opition of retireing

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My name Otis********** **************

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Social Security
10/2/2017
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 10 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

Please understand that you are not talking to Social Security here. Social Security does not correspond electronically…. (OTHER than to allow you to use the online MySocialSecurity account, discussed below).

...

This is JustAnswer.com ... a website that puts verified experts together with people who have questions about everything from Social Security, to tax, to finance, to the way these things work together.

...

I CAN, however, tell you exactly HOW this works.

...

Yes, at age 62 you can start your benefits. They will be 25% less than if you wait until your full retirement age (age 66 for those born between 1943 and 1954).

...

To see your retirement amounts you' have to set up and use your MySocialSecurity Account as I mentioned above.

...

Here's the site for that: click here for MY SOCIAL SECURITY.

...

If you have your earnings record (which you can also get from your MySocialSecurity account) you can go here and estimate your benefits: https://www.ssa.gov/retire/estimator.html