Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I wish to retire at age 63. my birth date is 1/8/55.will it…

Customer Question
I wish to retire...

I wish to retire at age 63. my birth date is 1/8/55.will it make a difference if i apply now?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Should i start to receive benefits for the month of january 2018, or wait till february 2018, to receive benefits at the age of 63. my birth date is 01/08/1955.would there be a difference in the monthly amount i would receive

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

That is all for now

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Social Security
10/1/2017
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 10 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If you retire and apply for social security benefits before your full retirement age (66 and 2 months), you will not receive 100% of your benefit amount. Your benefit amount will be 79.2% of the full amount.

The following link shows you the percentage of the benefit amount percentage you will receive at different ages:

https://www.ssa.gov/planners/retire/1955.html

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb