Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Some one has my social security number, what can I do? I…

Customer Question
Some one has my...

Some one has my social security number, what can I do?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I just want to protect

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

I just do not some one to take my income from social security.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/30/2017
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 10 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, identity theft is an epidemic.

The steps you should take are:

1. Contact one of the three major credit reporting agencies--Equifax, Experian, or Experian.

2. Report the theft of your Social Security number to the IRS.

3. Report the theft of your Social Security number to the Federal Trade Commission.

4. File a police report with your local police.

The following links contain additional information (including websites and phone numbers) to report the theft:

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/what-to-do-ssn-stolen,news-18742.html

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10064.pdf

Please let me know if you have any other questions, and I will be happy to help.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to help you.