Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I am covered 100% under my husbands policy and wrote a

Customer Question
I am covered 100%...

I am covered 100% under my husbands policy and wrote a letter stating I don't need part B yet but it is being taken out of my check. How do I correct this

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I am on Disability and receive check each month I called and said that I did not need part B because my husbands insurance covered everything they told me to write a note saying that dated Aug 1 from the post office and told us to send it to Woburn, MA. That did not work they have been taking the money out of my check I believe since 8/3. How do I get off of part B now?

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

My name and Social Security number

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/29/2017
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 10 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

In order to terminate Medicare Part B coverage, you may need to have a personal interview at your local Social Security office. A Social Security representative will help you complete Form CMS 1763. This form is not available online. Call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday. A Social Security representative will schedule an appointment for you at your local Social Security office.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb