Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I am on SSDI and I have applied and am seeking employment…

Customer Question
I am on SSDI...

I am on SSDI and I have applied and am seeking employment via Ticket to work, what type of letter do I need from my doctor before employment through Ticket to work

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

That is all I need to know. What type of letter does my doctor have to sign off on for me to participate in the Ticket to work program?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/29/2017
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 10 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If you’re an adult age 18 through 64, and you get disability benefits, you qualify for the Ticket to Work program.

Call the Ticket to Work Helpline at 1-***-***-**** to get started/registered with the program.

Here's a link to additional information you will find helpful:

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10061.pdf

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

I should have been more patient, I have since received the information I needed from the Ticket to Work program itself. My own fault. Barb did her job. No complaints, just my lack of patients.

Not a problem. Thank you for letting me know.

Have a great weekend!