Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I am 66--67 in Nov this year Started my benefits at 62--and…

Customer Question
I am 66--67 in Nov...
I am 66--67 in Nov this year
Started my benefits at 62--and also working--made too much money i year and was penalized
Still working in Houston now on relief work and It was my understanding that after you are 66 the income limit is $41,880 per year
That was last year for me
Just got a notice of Payments suspended and I have W 2 Wages of $35,000 as we speak
Probably goin to work two more weeks before Goin to South Padre for the Winter
So why suspend my contribtions begin Sept this year
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/29/2017
Social Security Expert: emc011075, Tax Adviser replied 10 months ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will e happy to help you.

You reached your full retirement age in November last year. After your FRA you can have unlimited earnings and keep your full benefits. The 41880 limit applied to 2016, the year in which you reached your full retirement age. The offset is most likely from prior years. We do not have access to social security records so you will need to contact social security directly to find out why your benefits are being reduced.

Any questions? Here's the 2017 SS fact sheet. https://www.ssa.gov/news/press/factsheets/colafacts2017.pdf

Almost at the bottom of the first page you will see the following: There is no limit on earnings beginning the month an individual attains full retirement age.