Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I am 64 and just had a stroke what are my options. I was…

Customer Question
I am 64 and...

I am 64 and just had a stroke what are my options

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I was thinking about retiring next March at the age of 65 how much would I loose if I would retire now

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/28/2017
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 10 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If you start your benefits early, they will be reduced based on the number of months you receive benefits before you reach your full retirement age. If your:

full retirement age is 66, the reduction of your benefits at age 64, is about 13.3 percent; and at age 65, it is about 6.7 percent.

In your case if you retire now, you will lose about 6.6% of your benefit amount.

https://www.ssa.gov/planners/retire/applying2.html

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to help you.