Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

How do I enroll in Part of Medicare? I am 77 years old,

Customer Question
How do I enroll...

How do I enroll in Part B of Medicare?

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I am 77 years old, currently working full time and am looking to retire in January of 2018. Therefore, I did to get a supplemental plan to Medicare Part A.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

I currently have two physicians I see on a regular basis. One is for pain management and the other is my primary.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/28/2017
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 10 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If you already have Medicare Part A and wish to sign up for Medicare Part B, you will need to complete Form CMS 40-B, Application for Enrollment in Medicare - Part B, and take or mail it to your local Social Security office. You can also call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

Here's the link to Form CMS 40-B: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/CMS-Forms/CMS-Forms/CMS-Forms-Items/CMS017339.html

https://faq.ssa.gov/link/portal/34011/34019/Article/3774/How-do-I-sign-up-for-Medicare-Part-B-if-I-already-have-Part-A

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb