Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Does the special rule for the first year you retire apply…

Customer Question
Does the special rule...

Does the special rule for the first year you retire apply for year 2016?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Under the first year rule, you can get a full social security check for any whole month you're retired, regardless of yearly earnings.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

Did this special rule apply in 2016?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/27/2017
Social Security Expert: PDtax, CPA firm owner replied 10 months ago
PDtax
PDtax, CPA firm owner

Welcome to the site. I'mCustomer and will be helping you today.

The rule was applicable for 2016. It has been in effect for a number of years.

Thanks for asking at just answer. Please rate my response with positive feedback. I'mCustomer

Hi again.Customerhere.

Can I ask for positive feedback to complete your request? Thanks.