Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I can't find my ss card. I need a new ss replacement card.

Customer Question
I can't find my...

I can't find my ss card

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I need a new ss replacement card

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

Nope-- that's all i need

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2017
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 10 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

You can get an original Social Security card or a replacement card if yours is lost or stolen. There is no charge for a Social Security card. This service is free.

You can use a my Social Security account to request a replacement Social Security card online if you:

• Are a U.S. citizen age 18 years or older with a U.S. mailing address;
  • Are not requesting a name change or any other change to your card; and
  • Have a driver's license or a state-issued identification card from one of the states listed.

If you cannot apply for a card online, you will need to show the required documents. We need to see different documents depending on your citizenship and the type of card you are requesting. See Learn What Documents You Need to find out what documents you will have to show. Fill out and print an Application for a Social Security Card; and take or mail your application and documents to your local Social Security office.