Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I deside to leave country and meet the 40 qwoters but i am…

Customer Question
I deside to leave...

I deside to leave country and meet the 40 qwoters but i am not 62 yet can i start get benefit know.

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

If i move out of country can i start get my benefits right from this day.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

No jast do i have to weght till 62 or i can aply today.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/27/2017
Social Security Expert: SSA.Help4u.168, Accountant replied 10 months ago
SSA.Help4u.168
SSA.Help4u.168, Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

You will have to wait until you are at least 62 years old to apply for social security retirement benefits. Note that the country that you are moving to may have a social security agreement (Totalization Agreement with the U.S.). Once you reach the age of 62, you may be able to apply in the country you are living in. What country are you moving. I can check to see if there is a Totalization Agreement between the U.S. and that country.

ykraine
ukraine

Hello again,

If you are living in the Ukraine, you will be able to apply for social security benefits. There is a Totalization Agreement with Poland that covers Ukraine. SEE BELOW:

-----------------------

If you reside in Ukraine and have questions regarding services provided by the Social Security Administration (SSA), you must contact the SSA Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) located in Poland.

View the U.S. Embassy and Consulate in Poland webpage relating to social security at the following link.

https://pl.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/social-security/

--------------------------

Eligibility for benefits:

The agreement can help those who have worked in both the United States and Poland, but have not worked long enough in either country to qualify for Social Security benefits. Under the agreement, each country can count the work credits in the other country if this will help the claimant qualify for so called totalized benefits.

If you do not require further assistance with this matter, I ask that you be so kind and scroll to the top of the page and select 3 or more stars to positively rate my response so that I can receive credit for assisting you. A 5 star rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.