Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

How to sign up for ss.disbility? I have a bad hip and really…

Customer Question
How to sign up...

How to sign up for ss.disbility?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I have a bad hip and really can't walk surgery is likely

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

I am 64

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/26/2017
Social Security Expert: lev-tax, Tax Advisor replied 10 months ago
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

You can complete an application for Disability Benefits online.

https://www.ssa.gov/applyfordisability/

If you do not wish to use the online application, or the application for the benefit you want is not available online, you can:

• Call us at 1-800_772_1213 (TTY 1-800_325_0778); or
  • Visit your local Social Security office. An appointment is not required, but if you call ahead and schedule one, it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply.

Let me know your zip code - and I will find a local SSA office serving your area.