Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need to change my payee representive. I am disabled and…

Customer Question
I need to change...

I need to change my payee representive

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I am disabled and cant make it to my local ss office

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

My father who has been my repsentative before

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/26/2017
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 10 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, you must visit your local Social Security office to change your representative payee. The person who you choose as representative payee should accompany you.

The following link contains additional information you will find helpful:

https://www.disabilitybenefitscenter.org/how-to/change-the-social-security-disability-payee

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb