Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Myhusband recently dies. I/m trying to find out what

Customer Question
Myhusband recently dies. I/m...

Myhusband recently dies. I/m trying to find out what benefits I may have. I am Suzanne Leister, *********. My husband was Thomas J. Leister who died September 12th, 2017

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I have been under the impression that my social security wiil stop and I will be entitiled to his.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

I am a71 year old widow and am not able to work.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/25/2017
Social Security Expert: legalgems, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear of your loss;

if a widow will receive more social security benefits based on her spouse's work record, then the widow can opt for that.

Information on that is here:

https://www.ssa.gov/planners/survivors/onyourown2.html

It is not possible to apply online-one needs to apply over the phone or in person-person is usualy the easiest:

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Also please see:

https://www.ssa.gov/planners/survivors/howtoapply.html

A person is also entitled to a death benefit as well.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer