Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Do I qualify for SSi? I will turn 80 in November. I walk…

Customer Question
Do I qualify for...

Do I qualify for SSi?

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I will turn 80 in November. I walk with a walker. I have A Fib, Diabetes, Arthritis plus age related problems. I got a letter from Social Security to apply for SSi, but I lost it. My SS # is###-##-#### Will you give me a number as to who I can call?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

I have a reverse mortgage. My income is about 30,000. I am a widow.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/25/2017
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 10 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

Yes, you do, if your income is below the Federal amount of 735 per month plus your state's SSI subsidy.

...

By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative ... (Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday) ... between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. THEY can take the application over the phone.

OR

...

You can do this by going to your closest Social Security Office. (Although you might want to call the number above first to make an appointment).

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating, using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit" – You may need to scroll up to see the stars.

...

But if you need more on this, please let me know.

Lane