Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I usually receive my social security check on the 15th or…

Customer Question
I usually receive my...

I usually receive my social security check on the 15th or 16th of the month. To date I have not received it. Are payments late this month? Aurora

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Not much more to say other than my social security check is now approx. 8 days late. Is there a problem with the SS system?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

No, my question is a general one to find out if the government is late with payments.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/25/2017
Social Security Expert: James Daloisio, Tax Attorney replied 10 months ago
James Daloisio
James Daloisio, Tax Attorney

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. Social Security does not report any delays in mailing this week. They recommend that if your check is more than four days late to call them at(###) ###-####(TTY:(###) ###-#### so they can check on it. You can get a representative between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Be prepared to be on hold for a half hour to an hour. (They say the average wait time is 36 minutes.) Your only alternative is to visit your local Social Security office.

Likewise, the USPS does not report any service disruptions outside of the Hurricanes Maria and Irma areas.

I hope this has answered your question. If so a positive rating would be appreciated. Thank you!