How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lane Your Own Question
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 12667
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Lane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I secure a copy of our 2017 Medicare Part premium.

This answer was rated:

How can I secure a copy of our 2017 Medicare Part B premium. Our ILWU Benefit plan is requiring a copy for correct reimbursement
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: The ILWU (husbands retirement pkg) Union is requesting all pensioners to submit proof of our Medicare Part B Premium. I am assuming it was sent to us in 2016 with the Medicare figures for 2017. Acceptable proof is a copy of our SS Administration letter. (cannot find it) I am hoping that a copy can be emailed/mailed instead of waiting 50-60 min. on the telephone Virginia Oreb - Mark Richard Oreb
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: Sorry --thought I was emailing a person not a robot....

Sorry about the bot - That seems to be the way they start things here at JustAnswer


MY NAME’S LANE, (real warm body here) - I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice 1986


Looks like no one else is picking this up. I can tell you about your options. You have three:


This is shown on the 1099-SSA. You can get a copy of that by going to your My Social Security online account.


You can go there, login (or simply register, THEN login, if you've never used it) and print your document(s) immediately.


Here's the site for that: click here for MY SOCIAL SECURITY (Once you are logged into your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab).


If you'd rather not use your online account, you have two other options:


(2) ... By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative ... (Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday) ... between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. THEY can send you this.



(3) ... You can get one by going to your closest Social Security Office. (Although you might want to call the number above first to make an appointment).

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

I hope that you’ll rate me based on my accuracy and thoroughness, rather than any good news/bad news content.

That’s the only way will compensate me for the work here.



Lane and other Social Security Specialists are ready to help you