Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I turn 64 next year when do I submit my application for

I turn 64 next...

I turn 64 next year when do I submit my application for social security I do plan on working until at least 67

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

That's about it I just don't know when to file

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

No pretty basic I do get a small pension from my job I have 3 CD"S some stock that's it.

9/24/2017
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

You may apply for social security benefits - 3 months before you turn age 62 or 4 months before you want your benefits to start.

As you are above 62 - you may apply any time depending when you want your benefits to start.

You can get Social Security retirement benefits and work at the same time.

However, if you are younger than full retirement age and make more than the yearly earnings limit, the SSA will reduce your benefit.

Pension and interest in teh bank will not affect your social security benefits.

Starting with the month you reach full retirement age, they will not reduce your benefits no matter how much you earn.

For 2017 that limit is $16,920.

Thank you

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues.

lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor