Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

How do I get some help with drug cosrs. I have insurance,

Customer Question
How do I get...

How do I get some help with drug cosrs

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I have insurance, medicare etc. but a new drug is very expensive. I was told to contact soc sec.for some help

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

The drug plan i have silver script does not have the drug listed on their formulary and there are no generic forms for the drug. It is called uceris and I am using it for a form of colitis

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/23/2017
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 10 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. My name's Lane.

...

First, here a form that your Doctor can sign, to help with Uceris costs:

...

https://www.uceris.com/Portals/152/assets/pdf/ulcerative-colitis-uc-patient-information-form.pdf

...

Then what you're hearing about is actually provided through Medicare (administered by Social Security)

...

If you meet certain income and resource limits, you may qualify for Extra Help from Medicare to pay the costs of Medicare prescription drug coverage.

...

In 2017, you may qualify if you have up to $18,090 in yearly income ($24,360 for a married couple) and up to $13,820 in resources ($27,600 for a married couple).

...

Here's where you can apply for "extra help" online (scroll down to the bottom of the page to start the application:

...

https://secure.ssa.gov/i1020/start