Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

If I should get a job. It all depends on what I get from my…

Customer Question
If I should get...

If I should get a job. It all depends on what I get from my husbands social security and pension after he dies. I am under the windfall and only have under 800$ a month and $200 and something social. I can't live at all on that.

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

No not really. He isn't even 65 but I worry about things ahead of time. Do I need a job now.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/22/2017
Social Security Expert: lev-tax, Tax Advisor replied 8 months ago
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

Even if you have never worked under Social Security, you may be able to get spouse’s retirement benefits if you are at least 62 years of age and your spouse is receiving retirement or disability benefits. You can also qualify for Medicare at age 65.

If you qualify and apply for your own retirement benefits and for benefits as a spouse, we always pay your own benefits first. If your benefits as a spouse are higher than your own retirement benefits, you will get a combination of benefits equaling the higher spouse benefit.

If you begin receiving benefits:
•between age 62 and your full retirement age, the amount will be permanently reduced by a percentage based on the number of months up to your full retirement age.

If you are under full retirement age and you continue to work while receiving benefits, your benefits may be affected by the retirement earnings test. For 2017 that limit is $16,920.

Let me know if you need ANY clarification.

I want to know that if he dies can I expect more because with the windfall between my little retirement and his and my Social. Security I make under 1,000$ a month. I won't b able to live on that. WHAT I GET BETWEEN HIS AND MINE IS ABOUT$250

If you are the widow or widower of a person who worked long enough under Social Security, you can:

•receive full benefits at full retirement age for survivors or reduced benefits as early as age 60.

•begin receiving benefits as early as age 50 if you are disabled AND the disability started before or within seven years of the worker's death.

You will not be able to receive two social; security benefits - but you will be entitled to teh larger of your own and surviving spouse benefits.

I thought this was the social security office number and didn't realize I'd b paying .
That's why I stopped responding an hour or so ago. I think this was false representation.

You are not required to continue communication.

But that is a different site JustAnswer - and not affiliated with the SSA.
There is nowhere on this page that tells differently - sorry for confusion.
If you have issues with your account - you may communicate with the customer service and I am sure all will be resolved in your favor.
Experts do not have access to your account.

If you have any additional questions related to social security or tax related - I personally will be glad to help.

dylatess
dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY