Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 30+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I retire at age 62 when i reach age of 66 will my benefits

Customer Question

i retire at age 62 when i reach age of 66 will my benefits increase to full amount
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: my birthday is ***** 31 1951 i retire at 62 will go up at age of 66
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Barbara replied 29 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If you wait until full retirement age (66) to start receiving Social Security, you will receive 100% of your benefit amount.

If you start receiving Social Security benefits at age 62, you will receive approximately 75% of your benefit amount.

If you retire and start receiving Social Security benefits at age 62, your benefit amount will not increase when you reach age 66. It will stay the same.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 27 days ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to help you.