SSA.Help4u.168
SSA.Help4u.168, Accountant
Experience:  Tax Accountant
58285678

IVE bEEN TOLD BY hUMMANA THAT NEED OF MEDICARE PARTB. I WAS

iVE bEEN TOLD BY hUMMANA THAT IM IN NEED OF MEDICARE PARTB
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: OK I WAS TOLD BY Humana today in order to join them I need Medicare Part B
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: i also saw where u can get help paying for it

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

In order to best assist you, I need to know what is your question?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I need to find out about Medicare part B
And what are the qualifacations to get help paying for it?

Hello again.

If you already have Medicare Part A and wish to sign up for Medicare Part B, please complete form CMS 40-B, Application for Enrollment in Medicare - Part B (Medical Insurance), and take or mail it to your local Social Security office. You can also call Social Security’s toll-free number 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****). or contact your local Social Security office.

--------------------------------

Link to Form CMS 40-B:

https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/CMS-Forms/CMS-Forms/CMS-Forms-Items/CMS017339.html

---------------------------------

You can get help from your state paying your Medicare premiums. In some cases, Medicare Savings Programs may also pay Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) and Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) deductibles, coinsurance, and copayments if you meet certain conditions. These conditions are listed below under "How do I apply for Medicare Savings Programs?"

----------------------------------

4 kinds of Medicare Savings Programs

If you have income from working, you may qualify for these 4 programs even if your income is higher than the income limits listed below.

expand iconQualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB) Program

expand iconSpecified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLMB) Program

expand iconQualifying Individual (QI) Program

expand iconQualified Disabled and Working Individuals (QDWI) Program

You can refer to the following link regarding the above programs:

https://www.medicare.gov/your-medicare-costs/help-paying-costs/medicare-savings-program/medicare-savings-programs.html

Once you get to the page, click on the program that you are interested in finding information about.

Let me know if you require further assistance with this matter. If not, I ask that you be so kind as to scroll to the top of the page and select 3 or more stars to positively rate my response so that I can receive credit for assisting you. A 5 star rating is most appreciated. Thank you in advance.