Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I'm 66 yo and not collecting social security at this time,

Hi- I'm 66 yo...

Hi- I'm 66 yo and not collecting social security at this time, but my husband is. Am I entitled to get half of his social security now- where by he continues to get his full monthly social security payment?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Like what?

9/21/2017
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®, Professional

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

You may apply for spousal benefits and receive up to 50% of your spouses benefits without affecting the amount of benefits he is currently receiving. To receive these benefits you must apply through the Social Security Administration.

If you have any further questions please let me know

A positive 5 star rating by clicking on the stars on your screen is always much appreciated

Thank you!

Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®